Usually, I like to start these live streams off with a lot of positive energy and get everyone excited for the day. But boy, I just…
…for some reason…it doesn't seem appropriate right now. The World is on fire. Civil unrest has engulfed the United States and we've reached a tipping point.
• Protests calling for justice in the wake of George Floyd’s death continued overnight
• At least 13 cities or counties declared curfews
• 12 states have activated their state national guards
— NBC News (@NBCNews) May 31, 2020
Believe it or not, but when I started the YouTube channel, I put some thought into the tag line.
“Helping you build wealth and thrive in a world of out of control central banks and big governments.”
I think today I want to make this Q&A all about solutions. We all know what the problems are right now in the world, and more specifically in the United States.
But there are a lot of solutions…there's a lot of things that we can do to be proactive and take action so we can ensure that our future and the future of our families will be much better.
It's all about taking action. I had sent out a tweet last night where I said, “do something today that your future self will thank you for.”
We had lots of good questions this week and we've time-stamped them so you can fast-forward to the question that interested you. Make sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Real Estate Questions
- 4min10sec – Are prices stable or falling as a result of COVID in Medellin? How do you manage the COP/USD currency risk on your real estate portfolio? What % of your portfolio do you have in real estate currently?
- 9min20sec – In a video, you said in the next several years home prices will likely drop to 2012 prices. Do you still believe that? As your later videos say, real estate is so inefficient it may take several years to see prices drop?
- 37min49sec – 3 Cap Burj Khalifa. Thoughts?(So you know, a capitalization rate (or cap rate) is a real estate valuation measure used to compare different real estate investments. Although there are many variations, a cap rate is often calculated as the ratio between the net operating income produced by an asset and the original capital cost or alternatively its current market value.)
- 46min48sec – Have you seen many lenders starting to tighten up their refinance operations in regard to qualifying borrowers?
- 52min40sec – How has the unrest changed your view on the best US market for real estate and the importance of demographics?
- 1hr24min40sec – George, love the show! What are your thoughts on Real Estate in Oahu, Hawaii? My job is to move me there in December for two years. We are thinking of buying our first home there.
- 1hr41min45sec – I have a $290k prime residential home that is valued at $660k and I could rent it out at $3k mo. I own 75k in gold, 10k in silver, 100k in cash and I have a $150k/yr job. Curious what you would advise, suggest, change or do at this time?
- 1hr37min58sec – George, I am a huge fan. I’ve taken your advice and now own a couple of single-family rentals in a linear market. I’d like to take more of your advice and visit Medellin. Is there a safe coastal city I could also travel to?
- 12min47sec – The stock market both creates and destroys wealth. I keep wondering when the market crashes, where does the money go? 2) Although manipulated, It seems like you are not against stocks as long as they are cheap, ex: Uranium.
- 24min25sec – Is the US on the verge of an economic/social collapse?
- 42min58sec – Hey George, You have done a number of videos on negative interest rates and stagflation but Jerome Powell has categorically said that there won't be any negative rate and they do not expect inflation. What do you think?
- 56min20sec – Are you concerned about safety in Puerto Rico from economic turmoil?
- 1hr15min25sec – Could you do a whiteboard on the Comex, gold futures, why banks have lost millions, and why they are leaving the Comex?
- 1hr16min54sec – Does 4th turning, plus Ray Dalio, big debt cycle, plus hawk equal end game?
- 1hr29min2sec – Hey George! Would you consider doing a whiteboard video critiquing Milton Friedman's ideas on monetary policy? Maybe compared to Murray Rothbard?
- 1hr34min50sec – What does going ‘long volatility' mean?
- 34min25sec – Any ‘socially conscious' companies/experts/strategies you recommend? Green Energy?
- 48min48sec – George. Would you consider gaining interest in crypto (4% to 8%) as part of an investment portfolio? Please discuss this with Simon Dixon.
- 1hr6min53sec – Hey George! Have you thought about whether thorium could replace uranium in the future as the fuel source of nuclear energy?
- 1hr8min2sec – Can you give us examples of your investment portion portfolio? I'm new to investment so I'm not sure how/what to classify as an investment. Stocks or Real Estate?
- 1hr10min26sec – What should Canadian investors do? We don't have 30yr fixed-rate mortgages. The longest fixed rate we have is 5 or 10 yrs. How can we hedge rising rates?
- 1hr25min23sec – George, thanks for sharing your wisdom and knowledge. I cannot come up with a scenario where coal will recover. What am I missing, please?